Nowadays, people care more about hygienic and cleanness, especially during pandemic outbreak time. It is quite important to wash hands correctly and without touch. What’s more, automatic soap dispenser can be also used for hand sanitizer and disinfectant. This smart technology may be the future of bathrooms to prevent the transmission of germs and bacteria to the maximum extent.
What is an automatic soap dispenser？
An automatic hand wash dispenser is a device fitted in kitchens and bathrooms that are filled with a liquid soap solution and does not require any form of contact to dispense soap. Instead, they are fitted with motion sensors that detect the motion of the hands, or in some cases, the infrared energy that is emitted through body heat. Upon detection of heat or movement, they automatically dispel a fixed amount of liquid soap. The automatic soap dispenser uses passive infrared (PIR) sensors technology to detect the movement of infrared beams from the objects.
Automatic soap dispensers are typically considered to be wall mounting since they are most commonly found and seen in public restrooms this way. But a sensor soap dispenser is also available as faucet spouts deck mounted on the sinks, or as a portable bottle which we call free-standing soap dispensers.
Three key parts of automatic soap dispenser
Before introduce how touchless soap dispensers work, we would like to introduce the key parts firstly. Then you will know how it works easily.
1. PIR sensor
PIR sensor is like an eye, it detects infrared energy that is emitted by one’s body heat. When hands are placed in the proximity of the sensor, the infrared energy quickly fluctuates. This fluctuation triggers the pump to activate and dispense the designated amount of soap. There is only one infrared LED in the sensor.
The automatic soap dispenser pump is like a water pump to bring the soap from a low place to a high place. Kege pump has below feature points:
- No contamination: Fluid just get in touch with pump inner wall or pipe.
- Multi-purpose, soft and low shear flow can adapt to fluid,gas, two-phase flow and high viscous fluid. suitable for soap liquid, foam and hand sanitizer.
- Low maintenance, no sealing apart, durable and abrade.
- Great tightness: with good self-suction capacity,can idle, prevent backflow.
- Great self-suction, non-siphon.
- High-cost performance can satisfy different work requirements of single-channel and multi-channel.
- Wide subject range of flow.Suitable soap mucus:1~3500mPa•s (cP).
3. POWER SOURCE
There are DC battery types and AC power supply types automatic soap dispenser.
DC battery operated, the batteries are integrated inside the dispenser body. Normally 6V 4xAA or 3V 2XAA alkaline batteries or lithium batteries. Battery replacement is easy, just open the battery box cover and put the new batteries into the box.
AC adapter, one side with a power plug and one side with waterproof connector connect with the dispenser, there is a power transformer inside the adapter. The input can be 110v-380v and output 6V-9V. The ac adapter is not expensive and can buy it separately.
Notice: please take care of the battery polarity.
How do automatic soap dispensers work?
After introducing these key parts, I will let you know automatic soap dispensers how it works.
- Put the hands under the soap dispenser mouth in 5-10cm or in the sensor range. The sensor detects the infrared beams from the hands, it gives a signal to the pump.
- The pump receives the signal from the sensor, it starts to work and dispenses the setting volume, normally 1ml.
- For some items, it dispenses again after 2 seconds. Most items stop working after hands leave.
- The whole program is designed and controlled by a microchip.
Notice: The automatic soap dispensers can also work for cats or dogs.
Suggest: Automatic soap dispensers always work together with touchless faucets.